Teddy-Hermann is one of the oldest and long established plush toy manufacturers in Germany.
In 1912 Bernhard Hermann founded his family business in Sonneberg which he named after his initials "BE HA" and started to produce teddy bears and dolls.
In 1948 he, along with his sons, moved the business to Hirschaid, near Bamberg, where the company is still situated.
It was in Hirschaid that the company rose to one of the most renowned in the teddy bear world and company name was changed to Teddy-Plüschspielwarenfabrik Gebr. Hermann KG, with the three sons of the founder as general partners.
Today, three granddaughters continue the tradition of the family business by producing premium teddy bears and plush animals with Margit Drolshagen and Marion Mehling as joint managing directors and Traudel Mischner-Hermann in charge of the design and quality of the collectors bears.|
The company also produce a range of high-quality, cuddly and lovingly designed plush toys at popular prices.
Bears on the Square are proud to be a Teddy Hermann Collectors Club store.